- Improper opening procedures in almost 20% of observed precincts.
- Improper vote counting procedures in 58% of observed precincts.
- Ballot box stuffing in 37 observed precincts.
- Voters not checked for invisible ink in 19% of observed precincts, voters not inked in 11% of observed precincts, and voters "inked" by another station casting additional ballots in 7 observed precincts.
- Voter lists or results protocols altered in 15 observed precincts.
In my assessment of the last presidential election (published in Comparative Political Studies), I noted that the data suggested evidence of "true" votes recorded by citizens, as well as the intervention of officials in manufacturing the results. Activities seemed to be decentralized, but resulted in the regime's preferred outcome. The process seems to have been even more uncoordinated during this election.